Are you running QuickBooks Enterprise, and recently found out that it is overkill for your needs? If you do the necessary work, then you will only be QuickBooks Premier or perhaps a professional. With the new QuickBooks Enterprise (QBES) subscription model, it should become very expensive, which means keeping it, as it costs a minimum of $85/month. This should be the time to convert QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise into Premier or Professional.
QuickBooks has no means to convert to professional or premier. Until now, you could not downgrade. I learned easily through QuickBooks (QB), QuickBooks Online (QBO) transit through a fast, artistic medium that can be used in easy conditions. This involves commercializing your information in QBES, so this merchant resets a desktop version (QBDT) of your option.
This isn’t simple to try and do. If you would like to facilitate, there are conversion services obtainable who will safely pair for you. 2 referrals are given at the top of this text.
Here are the directions provided by Intuit
Importing QuickBooks Enterprise Support into QuickBooks Online
Before you get started:
- Your QuickBooks file must be under 350,000 target (file size does not matter). To trim it, see Trimming your QuickBooks Windows file for import.
- To create a free trial account you will find QuickBooks on-line qbo.intuit.com on Qbook.
- You can fully import QuickBooks desktop information within the initial sixty days of your QuickBooks Online company. If foreign, your QuickBooks desktop file will replace your entire QuickBooks with an on-line file and write to any existing data.
- You must be an associate degree administrator-level user on your Quickbooks Online account.
- You must be logged in because of an admin user in your desktop file.
- You should use a web person in Windows. Alternative browsers will not work.
- If you find a file related error with professionalism, see Professionalism Errors for QuickBooks Online
- To understand the main variations and unsupported options before proceeding, see What is not foreign after moving from desktop to Online.
Important notice for Enterprise Users
Intuit does not formally support on-line moving information from QuickBooks Enterprise to QuickBooks and may cause loss of information.
As an associate degree enterprise user, you have access to many advanced options that are not available Online in QuickBooks or QuickBooks Enterprise. In some cases, you may have found yourself in an accident, or a victim of empty necessities, during which the case may not proceed. Overall, optional cases, however, should powerfully consider whether QuickBooks is right for your business, see Intuit’s import limits and 1 required eating options via test drive. See.
If you are running inventory, keep in mind that your calculations may be modified. QB Enterprise typically uses a price to calculate COGS, while QBO converts it to FIFO (“Before-Before, Before-Out”. Once you return to Professional or Premier, you will be at a price Returns. After your conversion, your inventory assets, and COGS are also completely different than before. Please talk to your businessman, as this requires a type of filing with the Internal Revenue Service.
When you are ready
- Subscribe to QuickBooks Online.
- Backup your enterprise file to your original laptop. Restore the backup to make a second copy, and get rid of this second copy. That way, if something goes wrong, your original file is untouched. You are currently closing your original copy instead of the server.
- Open the QuickBooks Enterprise solution for the home screen.
- Press Ctrl + 1 to open the business data window
- Press Ctrl + b after opening, then press Ctrl + b.
- Click All Right to close the Business Data window.
- The screen below should be returned mechanically. If you do not see this screen, try step two for a new time.
- Enter your QuickBooks on-line login data, follow the Terms of Service, and click Submit.
- Select the web company to which you want to import your information.
- Note: If your company file is too large to import, you will have the option to import only lists and balances. If you cannot see this screen, there is still a step-down.
If the QuickBooks stage is transitioned or unresponsive during import
First, web individual (non-64-bit if you have two), then follow the guide to disable/enable the appropriate settings:
- Press and hold ALT + T to prompt for the tool menu. From here on the Rock Head to Web Options, then go to the Protection tab at the top and uncheck the Protected Mode box.
- On the same page, click on the site and add one at a time, qbo.intuit.com and lvdc.qbo.intuit.com to trusted sites, then click Close.
- However, on the Security tab, click on the area with a picture of the globe named Net. Drag the slider to Low or Medium for the security level.
- Click Apply, then OK. Currently closed and reopen web persons before trying to re-import.
After coming on top of all the steps, try the import one more time. During the entire import flow, you will likely get a pop-up asking you to redirect to qbo.intuit.com, and if you trust this site? Please click on confirm to continue.
Click OK, found. Once your information is complete, you will be looking for a degree in the email of the General Knowledge Associate and you will be able to enter QBO.
Compare profits and losses and file customary reports for all dates in QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Enterprise to ensure that your information is transferred correctly.