As a new parent, one of your shopping activities would include selecting nice baby cribs. This is truly delightful as you can enjoy the prospect of choosing one that fits the requirements of your baby. It is one of the most important items of furniture in your nursery. It should provide comfort, safety, blend with your baby’s room theme, and be durable.
Convenient Online Shopping
There are so many designs and colors in tempat tidur bayi furniture that you may find it daunting to make a selection. Now with the ease of the internet you have a fine selection of cribs to choose from. You can select from among the best brands and variety, without leaving your home; and it will be delivered to your doorstep in time for your baby’s arrival. The convenience of shopping online takes away the stress of shopping around as well.
There are so many different styles of crib designs. Among which are the following:
* Bassinets And Baby Cradles: These are for babies who are a few months old only. Some are equipped with a rocking system. Some of these cribs have fabric and are visually very appealing.
* Round: these are very popular and have one drop side. Some can be collapsed and folded for easy transportation or storage.
* Canopy: These have a classic look as there are four posts on the corners with a frame for a fabric canopy.
* Convertible: These cribs can convert from a baby’s cot to a toddler’s bed for later use as your child grows. Some are designed to convert to a day bed and others convert to twin beds which is great money saving. Some cribs are designed to be a combined baby cot and changing table. These are convenient and
* Sleigh Cribs: These have a traditional look with light arches.
* Portable Cribs: This type of baby cots are small and with wheels and you can take it with you anywhere as it has a foldable compact design.
When you select your baby crib, you need to be very careful. You should not make an impulse buy based on only the visually attractive appearance of the cot.
* The mattress of the crib should fit right and snug. Your baby should not get his or her head caught in between the mattress and the bed frame. There should be sturdy mattress supports that connect to the crib sides as well.
* The crib should meet industry safety standards and the additional safety standards. Buying a new baby crib is the best idea to match this requirement. The distance between the slats should not be more than two 3/8 inches apart. This would ascertain that babies do not get their limbs or heads caught in between them.
* If you want to save space and money, you could select a combination of baby crib, changing table, or storage space.
* Teething rails on the top of the railings are good for preventing your baby from chewing on the wood.
* Secure drop sides with locking mechanism which your toddler won’t be able to unlock. You should be sure that your baby cannot climb out of the crib with the help of any additional bars or railings.
* There should not be any rough edges, peeling paint, fancy cutouts with large slats or splinters or missing screws.
Selection criteria of your baby crib also include the color and additional features you may like to have. These are attachable toys like a baby mobile; these provide entertainment and increase the mental development of your child. Other features include bumper guards and plastic teething rails, among others.